Hot Mexican Chicken Soup
|Frying chicken pieces||3 Pound, skinned and cut into serving pieces (1 In Number)|
|Canned tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Canned mild chilies/1/3 cup for a milder flavored soup||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), diced (California Variety)|
|Pinto beans/Garbanzo beans||2 Cup (32 tbs), cooked and drained|
1) In a large saucepan, put the chicken pieces.
2) Now add just enough salt and enough water to cover.
3) Cook the chicken pieces until soft for about 25 minutes.
4) Now remove the chicken pieces from the broth and add in the tomatoes, garlic, onion and chiles.
5) Scrape chicken meat off the bones and return meat to the broth.
6) Lastly add beans and reduce to a simmer and cook further for about 15 minutes.
7) Serve hot.
Calories 539 Calories from Fat 84
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.5%
Saturated Fat 2.6 g13%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 163.3 mg54.4%
Sodium 1402.2 mg58.4%
Total Carbohydrates 48 g16%
Dietary Fiber 12.2 g48.9%
Sugars 2.1 g
Protein 64 g128.7%
Vitamin A 16% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 14.1% Iron 39.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet