|9 inch whole wheat quiche shell||1 , glazed with egg white, cooled|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, well chilled|
|Bell pepper||1 Small, halved and seeded (Red / Green)|
|Canned whole green chilies||4 , rinsed and seeded|
|Canned stewed diced tomatoes||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs), well-drained|
|Chili powder||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Non instant non fat milk powder||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
1. With a grater or using the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the cheese.
2. With a knife or with the slicing disc of a food processor, slice the onions and bell pepper.
3. With a knife slice the green chilies in Â¼ inch strips
4. In a bowl, place the milk powder.
5. Continue mixing while you pour the milk.
6. Add the eggs salt and cayenne and blend for 3-5 seconds, until smooth.
7. Place a skillet over medium-high heat and heat the oil.
8. Add the onions and sautÃ© for 3 minutes, until soft.
9. Stir in the pepper, tomato chunks, chili powder and salt.
10. Next, add the green chilies and cook for 5 minutes, until soft and the liquid evaporates.
11. Take off the heat and cool slightly.
12. In the quiche shell, spread the vegetables in a layer and top with the Cheddar. Place the shell on a cookie sheet.
13. Pour the milk custard on the shell.
14. In the oven, place in the center rack and bale for 5 minutes.
15. Bring the temperature down to 375Â°F, and bake for another 30-35 minutes, until custard is firm, puffy and lightly browned.
16. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
17. Serve cut into wedges.