South of The Border Tortilla Pie
|8 inch flour tortillas||3 (At Room Temperature, Purchased Or Freshly Made)|
|Garlic clove||1 Large|
|Canned whole green chilies||7 Ounce, rinsed, seeded (1 Can)|
|Cooked garbanzo beans/About 3/4 cup dry/ one 15-ounce can, drained||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), cooled|
|Monterey jack cheese||6 Ounce, well-chilled|
|Low fat yogurt||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
1. Pre-heat the oven to 400Â°F.
2. Take a 9-inch pie plate and grease it.
3. Halve 2 tortillas and arrange in the pan to form the sides of the pie crust.
4. Place the third tortilla in the center.
5. With a knife or using the metal blade of the food processor, mince the onion and garlic finely.
6. Dry the chilies with kitchen towels.
7. With a knife or using the metal blade of the food processor, chop the chilies coarsely and add to the onions and garlic.
8. With a knife or using the metal blade of the food processor, chop the garbanzo beans coarsely and add to the vegetables.
9. With a grater or using the shredding disc of a food processor, shred the cheese and toss it together with the vegetables.
10. In a bowl, place the eggs and beat them.
11. Pour over the bean mixture, along with yogurt, paprika, chili powder, salt and pepper. Stir to mix well.
12. Place the pie plate with the tortillas, brushed with oil, in the oven.
13. In the oven, bake uncovered for 5-7 minutes, until lightly browned and reduce temperature to 325Â°F.
14. Place the mixture inside the baked shell and place it back in the oven.
15. In the oven, bake in the center for 45-50 minutes, until filling is firm and lightly browned.
16. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes.
17. Serve cut into wedges and garnished with avocado slices.
Calories 271 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 102 mg34%
Sodium 817.1 mg34%
Total Carbohydrates 21 g6.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 15 g29.3%
Vitamin A 19.8% Vitamin C 26.8%
Calcium 28.1% Iron 7.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet