Spicy Chopped Salad With Tortillas
|Romaine lettuce hearts||2 , chopped|
|Canned jalapenos||3 Tablespoon, drained, sliced|
|Vine ripened tomato||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Red onion||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Tortilla chips||1 Cup (16 tbs), broken|
|Jarred taco sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Cilantro/Flat-leaf parsley||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Olive oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Crushed black pepper||To Taste|
1) Cut the vegetables and leaves, as desired
2) In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and mix with tortill chips.
3) In another bowl, mix taco sauce, cilantro or parsley and lime juice.
4) Whisk olive oil in taco sauce dressing until well blended.
5) Toss the dressing with salad ingredeints in the first bowl and mix well.
6) Serve the salad as a side dish or an appetizer.