Mexican Vegetable Casserole
|Spinach||1 Pound (450 Grams)|
|Pepper||1 (Green Or Sweet Red)|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Celery||5 , chopped|
|Raisins||60 Milliliter (1/4 Cup)|
|Dill seed||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Tomato||1 Large, chopped|
|Cottage cheese||250 Milliliter (1 Cup)|
|Sharp cheese||175 Milliliter, shredded (3/4 Cup)|
1. Wash spinach thoroughly with water.
2. Grease a medium size casserole lightly with oil.
3. Preheat oven to 375Â° F.
4. In a steamer, steam spinach for 5 minutes just until limp and keep aside for cooling.
5. In a heavy skillet, mix together pepper, onion, celery, raisins, cinnamon, dill seed and cayenne.
6. Add a few spoonfuls of water to the skillet and steam-stir until the vegetables are tender.
7. In a blender, process tomatoes on medium speed until smooth.
8. Stir in the pureed tomato with vegetables and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
9. Remove the skillet from heat.
10. In greased casserole, place half of the spinach and top with half of the vegetable mixture.
11. Spread cottage cheese over the top and spoon the remaining vegetables.
12. Cover with a layer of spinach.
13. Sprinkle the shredded cheese evenly all over.
14. Place the casserole in the oven and bake for 30-35 minutes.
15. Serve hot.