Chili Verde Mexican Stew
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Beef stew meat||1 Pound (Preferable Boneless Chuck)|
|Pork stew meat||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 Large, chopped|
|Garlic||6 Clove (30 gm), minced or pressed|
|Canned green chiles||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||24 Ounce (Three 8 Ounce Cans)|
|Powdered garlic||1 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2) Chop both beef and pork meat into 1-inch cubes.
3) In a large cooking pot, add in the cubed meat, 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves of garlic, salt and powdered garlic. Add in enough water to cover the meat, put a lid on and set to boil on low flame.
4) When the meat becomes almost tender to touch, uncover and continue cooking till all the liquid disappears.
5) In another saucepan, heat olive oil, add 1 chopped onion, 3 cloves of garlic, chiles, tomato sauce and cook on reduced flame for 10 minutes.
6) Pour the prepared sauce over the meat, transfer the cooking pot into the oven and bake for about 60 minutes.
7) Serve the Chile Verde Mexican Stew hot as a main dish.
Calories 706 Calories from Fat 361
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g61.9%
Saturated Fat 9.9 g49.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 134.4 mg44.8%
Sodium 747.9 mg31.2%
Total Carbohydrates 34 g11.4%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.9%
Sugars 15.9 g
Protein 51 g101.1%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 76.8%
Calcium 10.7% Iron 25.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet