Mexican Bean Chowder
|Dried lima beans||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Raw rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mashed potato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned cream style corn||15 1⁄2 Ounce|
|Canned mushrooms||6 Ounce|
1) Take a bowl and soak beans in it overnight.
2) Preheat oven to 350° F.
3) Take a saucepan and cook beans in salted water for about 1 hour. Drain.
4) Take a skillet and heat butter in it.
5) Add onions and celery. Sauté until soft.
6) Take a large casserole and place all ingredients in it except mushrooms.
7) Add 3 quarts of boiling water.
8) Cover and cook for about 1 1/2 hours.
9) Adjust the seasonings, if required.
10) Float the mushrooms on surface. Serve immediately.