Grilled Vegetable Salsa
|Ears of corn||2 , husked, cleaned and broken crosswise in half|
|Zucchini||2 Medium, cut lengthwise in half, then cut crosswise into 1 1 /2-inch pieces|
|Red bell pepper||1 Medium, cut into 8 pieces|
|Red onion||1 Medium, cut into wedges, separated|
|Jalapeno chilies||2 , cut in half, seeded|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Plum tomatoes||6 , cut lengthwise in half, seeded (Roma)|
|Grated lime peel||2 Teaspoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Tortilla chips||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1. Preheat the gas grill or your charcoal grill
2. In a large bowl, mix the corn, the bell peppers, the onions, the chilies, and the zucchini.
3. Add the oil to the vegetables and mix well again.
4. Place the vegetables in the grill basket or the grill wok and then place it on the hot grill on medium heat for 25-30 minutes
5. Shake the basket occasionally to ensure that the vegetables are cooked through and tender
6. Add the tomatoes to the basket when the vegetables are cooked
7. Cover the grill and cook for 1-2 minutes more or till the vegetables are done
8. Remove the basket from the grill and allow the vegetables to cook for 15 minutes
9. Cut the corn off the cob to make about one cup of kernels
10. Chop all the cooked vegetables into small pieces
11. In a large bowl, mix the vegetables, the cilantro, the salt and lime peel. Mix well
12. Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours to allow the flavors to mix
13. If serving immediately, serve with tortilla chips, guacamole, and refried beans.