Wild Mushroom Quesadillas with Warm Black Bean Salsa
|Extra virgin olive oil||2 Tablespoon (Twice Around The Pan, Plus Some For Drizzling)|
|Crimini mushroom||16 , stems trimmed and thinly sliced (Caps, Baby Portobellos)|
|Portobello||4 , halved and thinly sliced (Caps)|
|Shiitake mushrooms||16 , stems removed and thinly sliced|
|Black pepper||To Taste, coarse, freshly ground|
|Fresh thyme/1 teaspoon dried thyme||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Flour tortillas||4 Large (12-Inch Diameter)|
|Sharp white cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs), shredded|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon (Once Around The Pan)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Jalapeno pepper||1 , seeded and chopped|
|Canned black beans||15 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Corn kernels||1 Cup (16 tbs), frozen|
|Sun dried tomatoes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), chopped|
|Smoky barbecue sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat sauté the sliced mushrooms seasoning with pepper, salt and thyme in oil for 10 minutes such that mushrooms are dark and tender.
2. Transfer to a dish removing from heat.
3. To make the salsa, return skillet to the stove over medium heat and in olive oil sauté the onions, garlic and jalapeno pepper for 2 or 3 minutes.
4. Add the beans and corn and stir in sun-dried tomatoes and barbecue sauce.
5. Season with salt and pepper and transfer to a serving dish.
6. In a griddle pan or large nonstick skillet over medium to medium-high heat cook 1 tortilla in a drizzle of oil for 1 minute, then turn it over.
7. Over half the tortilla sprinkle 1/2 cup sharp cheddar and cover with 1/4 of the cooked mushrooms.
8. Over top of the filling fold the plain half of the tortilla and with a spatula gently press down.
9. Cook the filled quesadilla for 30 seconds to a minute longer on each side to lightly brown and crisp the outside and melt the cheese.
10. To a large cutting board remove the quesadilla or to a warm oven transfer to hold, then repeat the process for the remaining quesadillas.
11. Cutting each quesadilla into wedges, serve with warm salsa for topping.
Calories 1036 Calories from Fat 387
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 43 g66.1%
Saturated Fat 15.3 g76.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 76.7 mg25.6%
Sodium 1725.8 mg71.9%
Total Carbohydrates 122 g40.6%
Dietary Fiber 20.1 g80.3%
Sugars 21.5 g
Protein 46 g91.6%
Vitamin A 24.9% Vitamin C 26.2%
Calcium 74.8% Iron 34.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet