Cinnamon-Flavored Mexican Chocolate
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1⁄4 Teaspoon, ground|
|Sweet cooking chocolate||2 Ounce, chopped|
|Instant coffee powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream/Whipped topping||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Sugar||2 Teaspoon (Optional)|
1) Take a 4-cup measure and microwave milk and cinnamon in it for about 4 minutes on High until heated.
2) Mix in chocolate and coffee and then heat for 30 seconds on High.
3) Using a rotary beater, whip the chocolate mixture until frothy.
4) Beat cream with sugar (else use whipped topping).
5) Serve the hot chocolate in mugs, topping each with whipped cream or topping.
Calories 209 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24.7%
Saturated Fat 10 g50.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 32 mg10.7%
Sodium 53.7 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 15 g4.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 9.4 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 2.3% Vitamin C 0.02%
Calcium 15.7% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet