Mexican Lentils And Rice
|Olive oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Sweet peppers||1 Cup (16 tbs), diced|
|Onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Rice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lentils||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Defatted chicken stock||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Peas||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Take a 2-quart saucepan and heat over medium-high flame. Heat some oil for 30 seconds.
2. Stir in carrots, peppers and onions. Saute for 2 minutes.
3. Then, add rice, lentils and sauté again for 2 minutes.
4. Stir in stock, chilli powder and cumin. Bring the mixture to boil.
5. Mix once, cover, and simmer the pan for 12 minutes.
6. Stir in the peas. Cover the pan and cook for 5 to 7 minutes or until the rice is tender.
7. Serve hot in a serving dish.