1. In a skillet, heat up the oil and fry the tortilla pieces until golden brown in colour.
2. Using a slotted spoon, remove the fried tortillas on kitchen paper.
3. Allow to cool
4. In a large bowl, put together all the ingredients for salsa, stir well to mix.
5. Add in the lemon juice, salt and pepper and stir.
6. Serve the salsa in the centre of the plate and surround it with fried tortillas.
You can add more or less of any ingredients for the salsa.
Karen share’s this recipe which she got from her catering chef at her work. When see a bowl of freshly fried tortillas you instantly look for another bowl of salsa. These two are just meant to be together! Home fried tortilla stay crispy which is a good thing and homemade fresh salsa can be mixed according to taste add more chili if you like it hot, add more tomato and lime if you like it sour and add more cilantro if you like it herby!