Mexican Chicken Stew
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely chopped|
|Dark brown sugar||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Chipotle paste||1 Teaspoon (We Used Discovery)|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||400 Gram (1 Can)|
|Skinless boneless chicken breasts||4|
|Red onion||1 Small, sliced into rings|
|Coriander leaves||4 (Few Leaves)|
|Corn tortillas/Rice||2 (To Serve)|
1. In a medium saucepan, heat the oil.
2. Add the onions and cook for five minutes or until they are starting to turn golden brown and softened.
3. Add the garlic at the last minute of cooking to make it soft.
4. Stir in the chipotle sauce, sugar, and tomatoes.
5. Put the chicken into the sauce and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
6. Add a splash of water to thin down the sauce if required.
7. Remove the chicken when it’s cooked. Shred the chicken with 2 forks and put the meat back into the sauce.
8. Scatter the dish with the red onions, the coriander and serve with rice or tortillas and with red onion scattered on top.
Calories 330 Calories from Fat 60
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g10.3%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg33.3%
Sodium 268.4 mg11.2%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g14.1%
Sugars 3.7 g
Protein 43 g86.3%
Vitamin A 17.4% Vitamin C 29%
Calcium 9.2% Iron 17.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet