|Whole chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned, grilled and sliced into 1/4 inch julienne (2 Pieces, 1 Pound Each)|
|Chicken breasts||2 Pound, skinned, boned and grilled and sliced into 1/4 inch julienne (2 Whole, 1 Pound Each)|
|Unsalted butter||2 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 , coarsely chopped|
|Tomatoes||5 Medium, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped|
|Tomatoes||5 Medium, peeled, seeded and coarsely chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Serrano chilies||2 , stemmed and seeded|
|Vegetable oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (For Frying)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||6|
|Sour cream||1 Cup (16 tbs) (At Room Temperature)|
|Queso anejo||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), freshly grated (Or Dry, Aged White Mexican Cheese)|
|Freshly grated queso anejo||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Dry, Aged White Mexican Cheese)|
|Chicken stock||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F.
2. In a large heavy saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the onion and sauté until lucent, about nearly 5 minutes.
4. Move the onion into a food processor fitted with steel blade.
5. Add tomatoes, cilantro, garlic, and chilies into it.
6. Process the ingredients to form salsa.
7. Return the mixture into the saucepan.
8. Bring to boil. Reduce the heat and carry on the stirring occasionally; simmer the flame until slightly thickened, about 20 minutes.
9. Taste for salt.
10. Heat 1/2 inch oil in a large heavy skillet
11. Cook the tortillas one at a time until these become golden brown, about 2 minutes per side.
12. Drain on the paper towel.
13. In the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, overlap 3 pieces of tortillas.
14. Top with a third of the salsa, a third of the sour cream, a third of the chicken, and a third of the cheese.
15. Repeat the layers.
16. Pour the stock over the layers and bake about 35 minutes, or until the top is brown and bubbling. Serve immediately or warm.
Calories 2290 Calories from Fat 1488
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 169 g260.6%
Saturated Fat 49.9 g249.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 410 mg136.7%
Sodium 1836.8 mg76.5%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.2%
Sugars 14.7 g
Protein 143 g285.1%
Vitamin A 84.4% Vitamin C 84.8%
Calcium 102.6% Iron 33.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet