Spiced Chicken and Salad Burrito
|For spiced chicken|
|Coriander seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Fennel seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Cumin seeds||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Chilli flakes||1 Teaspoon|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground black pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), smashed|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon (Plus Extra For Frying)|
|Skinless chicken breasts||2|
|Beetroot||1 (Raw, For Serving)|
|Raw beet||1 (Or Beetroot)|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon (For Serving)|
|Soft tortillas||8 Large (For Serving)|
|Baby gem lettuce leaves||4 (For Serving)|
|Baby gem lettuces||4 (Use Leaves)|
|Cheddar cheese||150 Gram, grated (For Serving)|
|Soured cream/Creme fraiche||80 Gram (For Serving)|
|Coriander sprigs||4 , leaves picked (For Serving)|
|Creme fraiche/Soured cream||80 Gram|
|Lime||1 , juiced (For Serving)|
1. Take a small, frying pan, add coriander seeds and toast for about 60 sec or till they pop and leave a good aroma. Using a mortar, pound roasted coriander seeds with cumin, fennel, chili flakes, cayenne, paprika, garlic and black pepper. Add olive oil, a little at a time and mix well. Transfer to a medium bowl.
2. Using a sharp knife, score the chicken breasts thrice, place in the coriander marinade and stir to coat well. Place in a freezer bag and refrigerate 2 to 24 hours, turning the bag frequently, for even marinating.
3. Take a bowl, grate peeled beetroot, mix in red wine vinegar and season with pepper and salt. Keep aside for 10 min.
4. Cut marinated chicken into strips, add to olive oil and cook for about 8 to 10 min or till well cooked. Season to taste.
5. Take a board, place a tortilla on it, use a lettuce leaf to line it, top with few chicken strips and then with pickled beetroot. Sprinkle grated cheese on top, followed by crème fraiche or sour cream and fresh coriander leaves. Drizzle lime juice. Roll the tortilla from bottom to look like a cigar. Seal with a little oil. Repeat the process to make 8 burritos.
6. Take a Panini maker, add burritos and toast them or add to a frying pan, with joint side facing down, place another frying pan on the top to push down and cook for 2 to 3 min to turn crispy and golden.
7. Halve and serve immediately.