Mexican Chilli Shell Bake
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Onion||1 , finely chopped|
|Green chili||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Green chilli||1 , deseeded and chopped|
|Lean minced beef||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Mild chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Mild chilli powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Tomato puree||3 Tablespoon|
|Wholemeal pasta shells||8 Ounce (250 Gram)|
|Wholemeal pasta shapes||8 Ounce, dried (Or Shells, 250 Gram)|
|Mozzarella cheese||5 Ounce, grated (150 Gram)|
|Cheddar cheese||3 Ounce, grated (75 Gram)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
1. Preheat oven to 190°C /375°F/Gas Mark 5.
2. In a heavy saucepan fry crushed garlic and chopped onion in hot oil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, such that softened.
3. Add the chopped green chilli and minced beef and then fry for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. Stir in the chilli powder, tomato puree and salt and pepper as per taste.
5. Let it simmer quite vigorously, with partial cover for 25 minutes such that the sauce is fairly dry and thick.
6. In a large saucepan, bring 1.8 litres/3 pints water to a boil.
7. Then add a dash of oil with a generous pinch of salt as well as the pasta and cook for 8-12 minutes such that tender.
8. To a large ovenproof dish transfer the pasta after draining it.
9. Add and mix the sauce with the pasta.
10. In a bowl mix the two cheeses with the beaten eggs and pour over the beef, chili and tomato puree mixture.
11. Keep the chili bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
12. Serve hot with the desired garnish.
Calories 685 Calories from Fat 281
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 32 g49.3%
Saturated Fat 13.6 g68.2%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 191.2 mg63.7%
Sodium 582.8 mg24.3%
Total Carbohydrates 69 g23%
Dietary Fiber 8.6 g34.6%
Sugars 3.3 g
Protein 36 g71.5%
Vitamin A 43.5% Vitamin C 33.1%
Calcium 40.2% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet