|Tomato juice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bulgur||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped onions||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped carrots||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green peppers||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground red pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned chopped tomatoes||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned kidney beans||19 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Firm tofu||8 Ounce, cubed|
1) Place a 1-quart saucepan over moderate heat and bring the tomato juice to a boil.
2) Add the bulgur and stir well.
3) Use a fork to fluff the mixture.
4) Cover the pan and take it off the heat. Keep aside for 15 minutes.
5) Place a 3-quart saucepan over moderate heat and sauté the carrots, onions and green peppers in the oil. Cook for about 5 minutes.
6) Add the cumin, chilli powder and red pepper. Cook for about a minute.
7) Add the tomatoes with their liquid, tofu and beans. Stir well. Gently simmer for about 10 minutes.
8) To the pot, add the bulgur and simmer for another 10 minutes.
9) Serve hot.