Tuna with Avocado Kiwi Salsa
|Tuna steaks||1 1⁄2 Pound (1 Inch Thick)|
|Chili oil||2 Teaspoon|
|Finely chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Avocado||1 Small, pitted, peeled and coarsely chopped to make 1 cup|
|Kiwifruit||1 , peeled, chopped to make 1/2 cup|
|Green onions||3 Medium, chopped to make 3 tablespoons|
|Jalapeno chili||1 Small, seeded, finely chopped to make1 tablespoon|
|Lime juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||2 Tablespoon|
1. If the tuna steaks are large, cut them up into six smaller pieces.
2. In a large shallow bowl, mix the tuna and the remaining ingredients.
3. Turn the tuna ingredients and let it coat the fish well
4. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes while turning once. Do not leave the fish for more than 30 minutes to marinate
5. In a medium bowl, mix the salsa ingredients and refrigerate
6. Spray the grill rack with cooking spray.
7. Heat the gas or charcoal grill.
8. Remove tuna from marinade and reserve the marinade. Place tuna on the grill.
9. Cover the grill and cook over medium heat for 11 to 16 minutes
10. Brush the tuna 2 or 3 times with marinade and turn the fish once during the cooking process until it is slightly pink in center.
11. Discard any remaining marinade after the cooking process
12. Top tuna with salsa just before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1308 Calories from Fat 526
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 59 g91.1%
Saturated Fat 12.9 g64.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 258.6 mg86.2%
Sodium 789.3 mg32.9%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.3%
Dietary Fiber 12 g48.1%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 164 g327.9%
Vitamin A 413.3% Vitamin C 169.5%
Calcium 16% Iron 53.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet