Mexican Chicken Breast Salad
|Chicken breasts||3 Pound, skinned and boned|
|Red wine vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned chick peas||16 Ounce, drained and rinsed (1 Can, Garbanzo Beans)|
|Red pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Green bell pepper||1 , seeded and diced|
|Celery stalks||3 , diced|
|Red onion||1 , finely diced|
|Sour cream||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||2 Teaspoon|
|Jalapeno peppers||2 , stemmed, seeded, and finely chopped|
|Cilantro||3⁄4 Bunch (75 gm), stems trimmed, finely chopped|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
1. Preheat the oven to 375° F.
1. Place chicken breasts in a lightly oiled baking dish.
2. Sprinkle on salt and pepper and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or just until done, but avoid overcooking trouble.
3. Let cool to room temperature.
4. Julienne cut the chicken into Winch strips.
5. In a large bowl, combine the chicken with the vinegar, Tabasco, chickpeas, red and green peppers, celery, and onion.
6. Chill until ready to use.
7. In a bowl, combine the sour cream, chili sauce, cumin, jalapenos, cilantro, and salt and pepper.
8. Mix all ingredients properly.
9. Combine the dressing and the chicken mixture.
10. Mix well all ingredients and chill the dish at least for one hour before serving.
11. Plate out and serve chilled
Calories 486 Calories from Fat 136
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.7%
Saturated Fat 7.5 g37.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 161.4 mg53.8%
Sodium 533.5 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.5 g22.2%
Sugars 5.8 g
Protein 58 g117%
Vitamin A 42.8% Vitamin C 101.5%
Calcium 14.8% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet