Tortilla Wheels With Pineapple Salsa
|Cream cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green chili||1 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Cilantro||2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Tomatoes||4 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Scallions||4 , chopped finely|
|Yellow pepper||1 , seeded and chopped finely|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Black mustard seeds||1 Tablespoon|
|Pineapple slice||4 , chopped|
|Red onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Pineapple slices||4 , chopped|
|Green chili||1 Small, seeded and chopped finely|
|Red onion||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , finely diced|
|Green chili||1 Small, seeded and finely chopped|
1. Prepare the filling by whisking the cream cheese with a wooden spoon until creamy and stirring in the remaining ingredients for filling.
2. Heat a nonstick skillet and add mustard seeds to it.
3. Broil for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the seeds begin to pop. Tip out into a bowl and let cool.
4. Grate orange rind without the pith.
5. Peel the orange, segment, discarding pith and seeds and chop the pulp into small pieces.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F before baking the tortillas.
7. On a clean work surface, arrange 4 tortillas.
8. Spoon 1/8 of the prepared filling over each of them and spread evenly.
9. Cover the tortillas with another tortilla and spread remaining cheese filling on top.
10. Roll each stack tightly to form 4 logs.
11. Cover each in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 2 hours.
12. In the meantime prepare the salsa by combine the orange, rind, mustard seeds remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.
13. Toss well and let stand until ready to serve.
14. Unwrap chilled tortillas.
15. Thinly slice the ends and discard.
16. Slice each roll into 8 equal thick slices.
17. Arrange them on baking sheets and place in preheated oven.
18. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until well golden.
19. Arrange on a platter.
20. Serve the Tortilla Wheels with the Pineapple Salsa on the side.