Ranchero Salsa Rosa
|Ripe plum tomatoes||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Jalapeno chilies||2 , halved lengthwise, seeds removed, and minced|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Onion||1 Small, finely diced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Flat-leaf parsley||1 Tablespoon, coarsely chopped|
1. In the bottom of each tomato, cut a small X.
2. In a pot of boiling water, drop in the tomatoes for 30 seconds.
3. Immediately transfer to a bowl of ice water.
4. Slip off the skins.
5. Cut the peeled tomatoes lengthwise into halves.
6. Discard the seeds, and chop into small cubes.
7. In a bowl, place the chopped tomatoes and add jalapenos.
8. In a small saucepan, heat oil over low heat.
9. Add onion and cook for about 10 minutes until soft and translucent.
10. Stir in the garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
11. Add to the tomatoes.
12. In a food processor or blender, take one-third of the tomato mixture and puree coarsely.
13. Return the puree back into the saucepan containing remaining tomato mixture.
14. Cook over low heat for 10 minutes with constant stirring.
15. Season with salt and add parsley.
16. Let the mixture cool to room temperature.
17. Serve immediately as relish.