Mexican Wedding Cakes
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
1) Grease baking sheets and keep aside.
2) In a bowl, add butter and sugar and cream well.
3) Stir in the flavoring.
4) Add in the flour, salt, and nuts.
5) Mix well.
6) Divide the dough into two halves.
7) Into one half, stir in a few drops of red food coloring.
8) Add green food coloring into the other.
9) Refrigerate for several hours.
10) Taking little dough at a time, shape into 1-inch balls.
11) Arrange on the baking sheets.
12) Cover the bottom of a glass with a damp cheesecloth and use it to flatten each ball to a 1/4-inch thickness.
13) Place in the oven at 325°F. and bake for 12 to 15 minutes, till the edges are slightly brown.
14) Roll in more confectioner’s sugar before serving.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3891 Calories from Fat 2369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 274 g421.4%
Saturated Fat 136.2 g681%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 1003.9 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 324 g108%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 73.2 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 98.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet