Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos
|Southwestern marinade for the fish|
|Mahi mahi fillet||2 Pound (Skinless)|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Lime juice||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon (Juice from one lime)|
|Jalapeno pepper||1⁄2 Medium, finely diced|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|For the taco|
|Shredded lettuce||8 Ounce (One packet)|
|Cilantro||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped (One handful)|
|Red onion||2 Medium, diced|
|Pico de gallo||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Fresh Salsa)|
|Guacamole||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Corn tortillas||10 Medium (Homemade Tortillas)|
To marinate the fish:
1. Place the ﬁsh fillet in a shallow dish and drizzle with olive oil and lime juice. Top with jalapeno pepper, cilantro, salt and pepper.
2. Using your hands, spread the marinade making sure to coat both sides of the ﬁsh well.
3. Let the fish marinate for 20 minutes or more. (If you're going to marinate for more than 20 minutes, cover the ﬁsh and place in the refrigerator.)
4. While the ﬁsh is marinating, combine the lettuce and cilantro into a bowl. Set this aside.
5. In smaller bowls, place the onion, salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
6. When you're ready to start cooking the ﬁsh, get the barbecue going. Cook ﬁsh until it is nicely browned. (If you'd prefer, you can also cook the ﬁsh in a large saute pan over medium-high heat.)
7. Once the ﬁsh is cooked, slice into pieces.
To Assemble the Tacos:
8. Take the tortillas and warm them up in a microwave oven for about 30 seconds.
9. Put some lettuce down the center of the tortilla, and add a spoonful of red onion. Place 1-2 pieces of ﬁsh on top, then add some fresh salsa, guacamole and sour cream.
10. Serve immediately.
The chef uses Fish Grill Baskets to grill the fish over the barbecue (for non-stick fish grilling).
Calories 243 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.9%
Saturated Fat 2.8 g14%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 70 mg23.3%
Sodium 201.2 mg8.4%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8%
Sugars 2.8 g
Protein 19 g38.8%
Vitamin A 41.1% Vitamin C 16%
Calcium 6% Iron 6.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet