Cowpoke Tamale Pie
|Ground chicken/Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||14 Ounce, not drained (1 Can)|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Black olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Raisins||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Egg||1 Large, slightly beaten|
|Milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat oven moderate to 350 degrees.
2) In a skillet saute meat, onions and garlic in oil till meat is brown and the onions are soft.
3) Stir in tomatoes, corn, olives, chili powder, salt and raisins.
4) Simmer the mixture for 15 minutes.
5) In a mixing bowl place the cornmeal.
6) Gently mix egg and milk until blended.
7) Add meat mixture to the cornmeal mixture and mix thoroughly.
8) Transfer content into a 2-quart casserole and bake for 45 minutes.
9) Serve warm.
Calories 586 Calories from Fat 242
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g42.3%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.5 mg34.8%
Sodium 1516.6 mg63.2%
Total Carbohydrates 72 g23.9%
Dietary Fiber 9.3 g37.2%
Sugars 24.3 g
Protein 19 g38.2%
Vitamin A 49.7% Vitamin C 28.9%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 27.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet