1. Grease a baking pan or dish.
2. In a slow cooker or crock pot, place a metal rack or stand on the base.
3. Pour 2 cups of hot water.
4. In a bowl, combine first 5 ingredients and stir lightly but thoroughly until well mixed.
5. Pour the mixture into the greased baking dish.
6. Layer the tamale over the mixture
7. Sprinkle generously with cheese
8. Cover dish or pan with its lid or with a piece of foil sealed at the rim.
9. Cover the crock pot with its lid.
10. Cook the pudding on HIGH for about 3 1/2 hours or if you are not in a hurry, cook on LOW for about 7 hours, until set
11. Serve corn tamales directly from the baking dish.