Mexican Com Bread
|Canned cream style cream||16 Ounce|
|Cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Taco sauce||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), minced|
|Canned diced green chilies||4 Ounce|
|Ground beef||1 Pound, lightly cooked and drained|
1) In a bowl, mix corn, corn-meal, baking soda, salt, oil, milk, eggs, and taco sauce.
2) Into a slow cooker, transfer half of that mixture.
3) On top of the corn-meal mixture, evenly spread cheese, onion, garlic, green chilies, and ground beef.
4) Layer the remaining corn-meal mixture on top.
5) Close the slow cooker with the lid and cook on HIGH for 1 hour and on Low 3 1/2-4 hours, or only on Low 6 hours.
6) Serve with an assortment of dips and sauces.