The premiere episode of Don't Call Me Martha. Not Martha makes tortillas from scratch in this easy to emulate how to video.
All purpose flour
4 Cup (64 tbs)
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
1. In a large bowl, mix the dry ingredients - flour, salt and baking powder. While mixing add the oil to cut in.
2. Add the water and prepare uniform dough.
3. On a floured board knead the dough for several times until it becomes soft and non-sticky. Use a cutter to cut the dough into small pieces. Make round shaped ball from these pieces with your palms.
4. Put some more flour over the wooden board and roll the dough balls into flat and thin circular tortillas.
5. Place a large frying pan over stovetop to heat and on that cook the tortillas one at a time.
6. Flip the tortilla to the other side, when you see that the bubbles are coming up. Put a heavy pan over the tortilla for 15 sec and then remove. When both the sides of the tortilla are properly done, keep it in a covered bowl.
For more information please visit: http://www.idontcallmemartha.blogspot.com
If you are fond of eating the ever popular Mexican wrap - Tortillas, you would be as much amused to make it at home. With available ingredients from your kitchen cabinet you can make this dish with Chef Martha. It is full of flavor and can be a treat on any occasion.