Salmon with Ginger Citrus Salsa
|Water||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Thin ginger root slices||6|
|Coarsely ground pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Salmon fillets||1 Pound, cut into 4 pieces|
|Navel oranges||2 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Lime||1 , peeled, finely chopped|
|Chopped red bell pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped fresh chives||2 Tablespoon|
|Grated ginger root||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
1. Prepare the lemon peel and zest by grating enough peel from the lemon to make 2 teaspoons. Set aside for the salsa
2. Slice the lemon and set aside
3. In a separate bowl, prepare the salsa by mixing the orange, the lime, the bell pepper, chives, honey, grated gingerroot, oil and reserved lemon peel
4. In a large pan, tip in the sliced lemon, the water, the sliced ginger root, salt and pepper
5. Heat till boiling point and then cook for three minutes more
6. Reduce heat to medium low when the sauce is ready
7. Add the salmon to the sauce skin side down. Cover and cook for 7-10 minutes or till the salmon is opaque cooked and flaky with a fork
8. With a slotted spoon, remove the fish and then place it in a baking dish
9. Discard the liquid mixture in the pan.
10. Carefully remove the skin of the salmon fillet.
11. Place the salmon the serving plate
12. Spoon the salsa over the fish and serve hot.