Tamale Pie In Casserole
|Yellow cornmeal||1 Cup (16 tbs), dampened in a little cold water|
|Boiling water||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Chopped beef/1 pound hamburger||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cumin powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Take a deep, large saucepan, add cornmeal, water and salt and allow to cook for half an hour, to prepare mush.
3. Heat oil in a frying pan, add onions and fry till brown.
4. Stir in meat and continue to fry till meat loses its red color.
5. Mix in tomatoes, olives, chili powder and cumin.
6. Take a casserole, grease thoroughly with oil, line with mush, arrange the meat mixture in the middle.
7. Cover using mush and bake for 2 hours.
8. Serve hot with a dollop of butter.