Aviva Goldfarb of the Six O'Clock Scramble shows us how to make a delicious, healthy, and easy meal of Garlic Lime Shrimp with a side of Black Bean and Corn Salad.
18 , peeled and deveined
Chopped cilantro/Italian parsley
2 Tablespoon (Optional)
2 Tablespoon (1 lime juiced)
Red bell pepper
1 , deseeded and cut in small pieces
Canned black beans
14 Ounce, drained and rinsed
Frozen corn kernels
1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), thawed
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped finely
1. In a bowl, place the shrimps and put it all the ingredients for the marinade and toss well to coat.
2. Cover and let the shrimps marinate in refrigerator for about 15 to 30 minutes.
For the salad
3. In a bowl, put all the ingredients for salad and toss well to mix.
4. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
5. In a non-stick pan medium heat, heat olive oil and put in the shrimps using a slotted spoon.
6. Let the shrimps cook until they turn pink and start to curl, flip them using tongs and let the other side cook.
7. Pour in the remaining marinade, raise the heat and let it cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
8. Sprinkle the cilantro if using and turn off the heat.
9. Serve hot with black bean salad.
If you like it spicy you can add in some chopped chilli or jalapeno pepper.