|Green pepper||1⁄2 Medium|
|Fresh jalapeno pepper||1 Small|
|Fresh cilantro leaves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lime juice/Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), split|
|Chili powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Slice vegetables into equal pieces of about 1/2 inch size or smaller.
2) Mix together all ingredients, saving 1/2 cup mixture.
3) In a food processor or blender, process remaining mixture to an uneven coarse texture using a pulsing (on-off) motion. Else prepare salsa by mixing chopped vegetables with remaining ingredients by hand.
4) Pour back the reserved mixture back into blended salsa and mix well to provide a chunkier texture.
5) To a shallow serving dish, transfer the salsa and allow chilling in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
6) Use as required.
To preserve salsa for more than a day or two, allow it to come to a boil and then allow chilling after transferring to a covered container.
Use salsa within a week for best results.
Calories 32 Calories from Fat 3
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 0.34 g0.52%
Saturated Fat 0.06 g0.28%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 9.2 mg0.4%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.2%
Sugars 3.4 g
Protein 1 g2.5%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 47.3%
Calcium 2.2% Iron 3.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet