Hot And Spicy Taco Dip
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), peeled|
|Onion||1 Medium, quartered|
|Vegetable oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Green pepper||1⁄2 , cut in 6 pieces|
|Canned red kidney beans||20 Ounce, undrained (1 Can)|
|Catsup||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chili powder||3 Teaspoon|
1) In the bowl, position the knife blade and through the food chute, drop the garlic while the processor is running.
2) Turn the processor off and add the onion. Pulse till it is chopped finely. This usually takes about 5 seconds.
3) Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet placed over medium-high heat.
4) Cook the beef and onion till the meat has lost all its redness.
5) Once again position the knife in the bowl and add the pepper. Pulse till it is coarsely chopped.
6) Add the chopped pepper to the meat and continue cooking.
7) Add kidney beans to the bowl in which the knife has been positioned and process till the beans are smooth. This takes about 5 seconds generally.
8) To the meat, add the catsup, beans and seasoning and stir well. Bring the heat down and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
9) In a chafing dish or an electic skillet, put the preparation and spinkle some shredded cheese all over.
10) Garnish with sliced olives if preferred.
11) Serve hot with corn chips.