Tamale Pie with Green Sauce
|Masa harina||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), pressed|
|Chili powder||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground pepper||To Taste|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Scallions||1 Bunch (100 gm)|
|Green sauce||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degrees.
2) To prepare topping, wash scallions, pat dry, trim, and chop.
3) Core, halve, seed, and dice tomatoes.
4) In 9-inch pie plate mix together masa harina, 2/3 cup water, oil, and salt, and blend with a fork.
5) Using fingers, pat crust onto bottom and sides of pie plate.
6) Bake for 10 minutes till light golden.
7) To prepare the filling, in large skillet saute beef over medium heat, stirring with fork for about 5 minutes.
8) Sauté onion and garlic for 5 minutes.
9) Remove crust from oven and set aside.
10) Remove fat and place pan on heat. Stir in chili powder, cumin, oregano, and salt and pepper. Sauté beef stirring for 7 to 8 minute still brown. Keep aside.
11) Place beef mixture into crust, top with cheese, and bake for 5 minutes.
12) Take out pie from oven, pile scallions in center and encircle with tomatoes. Serve with Green Sauce.