Arroz Con Pollo
|Olive oil||4 Ounce|
|Onion||1 Medium, finely chopped|
|Green peppers||3 Medium, finely chopped|
|Tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Pepper red||To Taste, chopped|
|Long grain rice||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Chicken broth||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Cooked peas||8 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||4 Teaspoon, chopped|
1. Wash the chicken and cut into serving pieces.
2. Pat dry on kitchen paper.
3. Preheat the oven to 400°F
4. In a large casserole, heat the oil over a medium high flame.
5. Add the chicken pieces and sauté until evenly browned.
6. Remove onto a platter.
7. Add the garlic, onion and pepper to the skillet and sauté until soft and golden.
8. Tip in the chopped tomatoes, red pepper, and rice.
9. Sauté for about 2 minutes.
10. Return the chicken pieces to the casserole.
11. Pour in the broth and stir in the saffron.
12. Cover the casserole with its lid or with foil and place in the preheated oven.
13. Braise for 15 minutes.
14. Remove from the oven and scatter the peas, pimentos and parsley over the Aroz.
15. Re-cover and allow the rice to stand for 10 minute in its own steam until all flavors are well blended.
16. Use a large wooden spoon to puff the rice gently and serve directly onto the plate.
17. Serve steaming hot.
This dish is best when cooked in an earthenware casserole.
Do not stir the rice when serving. Carefully run the spoon around the edges and work to the center gradually.