Slow Cooker Fajitas
|Flank steak/Skirt steak / boneless chicken||2 Pound|
|Onion||1 , thinly sliced|
|Bell pepper||1 , sliced (Red Or Green)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Jalapeno chile||1 , finely chopped|
|Chili powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cumin||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 , thinly sliced|
1) Slice the meat into 1/2" diagonal strips across the grain and place in a slow cooker; add the onion and the bell pepper.
2) In a small bowl, add the garlic, chile, chili powder, cumin, salt, oil and lemon juice, mix well.
3) Pour the mixture over the meat in the slow cooker; cook covered on LOW for about 6-7 hrs or until the meat is soft.
4) In the center of the warm tortillas, spoon in a few slices of the meat and fold over.
5) Garnish with the sour cream and the sliced avocado, serve immediately on a nice dish.
Calories 575 Calories from Fat 341
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 38 g58.5%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 37.5 mg12.5%
Sodium 698.1 mg29.1%
Total Carbohydrates 26 g8.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.4%
Sugars 3 g
Protein 27 g54.6%
Vitamin A 11.5% Vitamin C 36.3%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 14%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet