|All purpose flour||3 1⁄2 Cup (56 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Lard/Vegetable shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg yolk||1 , slightly beaten|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Hot milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Meat filling||1 Tablespoon|
|Olives||12 (Purple Variety)|
|Whole egg||1 , beaten|
1) In a mixing bowl, sift flour with baking powder.
2) Cut in lard as you would for a pie crust.
3) In it, add egg yolk and wine and mix well.
4) In a saucepan, dissolve salt in hot milk and add it to the flour mixture.
5) Mix the mixture with hands into a soft dough but do not knead.
6) Mix it gently until the dough becomes smooth enough.
7) To avoid the dough to become cold, place it in a warmed bowl that should be covered with warmed cloth and let it sit for 15 minutes.
8) Divide dough equally into 12 parts.
9) Roll each part into circles that should be 6 inches across and about the thickness of the pie crust.
10) Put 1 large spoonful of meat filling, 1 Olive, 2 raisins and a slice of hard cooked egg in the center of each circle.
11) To give it a half-moon shape, fold the circle to half.
12) Wet the edges with water and seal it.
13) Turn the corner edges of the half-moon up and paint its tops with the beaten egg.
14) Preheat the oven to 375 degree and bake them on an ungreased cookie sheet for about 30 minutes.
15) For the first 15 minutes, do not open the oven.
16) Serve the Empanadas as snack.