Mexican Bean Pot
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (For Crushing With Garlic)|
|Dry red beans||12 Ounce, soaked overnight in 2 pints boiled water|
|Onions||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Carrots||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes/1/2 pint tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed with 1 level teaspoon salt|
|Paprika||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Marjoram||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh chili/1/2 level teaspoon chili powder||1 Inch, finely chopped|
|Red pepper||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Yeast extract||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spring onion/Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pressure cooker, cover and bring soaked beans with the liquid, onions, carrots, tomatoes, cloves garlic, paprika, vegetable oil and marjoram to a boil and then cook for 20-25 minutes under pressure.
2) Remove the lid after reducing the pressure and then again allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Stir in chilli and red pepper and uncover and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
4) Mix in yeast extract and seasonings.
5) Into a casserole or serving dish, arrange the mixture and then use parsley or spring onion to garnish.
6) Serve hot.
Calories 336 Calories from Fat 145
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g25.3%
Saturated Fat 2.1 g10.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 632.4 mg26.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.4%
Dietary Fiber 13.2 g52.7%
Sugars 8.7 g
Protein 13 g25.9%
Vitamin A 189.9% Vitamin C 118.3%
Calcium 10% Iron 18.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet