Mexican Bean Pot
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (Leveled) (For Crushing With Garlic)|
|Dry red beans||12 Ounce, soaked overnight in 2 pints boiled water|
|Onions||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Carrots||4 Ounce, thinly sliced|
|Tomatoes/1/2 pint tinned tomatoes||8 Ounce, skinned and sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed with 1 level teaspoon salt|
|Paprika||2 Teaspoon (Leveled)|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Marjoram||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Fresh chili/1/2 level teaspoon chili powder||1 Inch, finely chopped|
|Red pepper||4 Ounce, chopped|
|Yeast extract||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped spring onion/Chopped parsley||2 Tablespoon|
1) In a pressure cooker, cover and bring soaked beans with the liquid, onions, carrots, tomatoes, cloves garlic, paprika, vegetable oil and marjoram to a boil and then cook for 20-25 minutes under pressure.
2) Remove the lid after reducing the pressure and then again allow the mixture to come to a boil.
3) Stir in chilli and red pepper and uncover and simmer for 10 minutes until the liquid is reduced.
4) Mix in yeast extract and seasonings.
5) Into a casserole or serving dish, arrange the mixture and then use parsley or spring onion to garnish.
6) Serve hot.