Chili Con Carne
|Beef stew meat||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), crushed|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Beef bouillon granules||1 Teaspoon|
|Canned whole tomatoes with juice||16 Ounce, sliced (1 Can)|
|Canned green chilies||4 Ounce, chopped (1 Can)|
|Chopped fresh cilantro||3 Tablespoon|
|Canned pinto beans||16 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
1) Season and rub the meat with the garlic, pepper, salt and chili powder.
2) Chop the meat into 1/2" cubes and place in a slow cooker.
3) Cover the meat with the onion, bouillon granules, tomatoes and chiles; cook covered on LOW for about 6-8 hrs or until the meat is tender.
4) Stir in the cilantro and the beans; cook covered on HIGH for about 20 min.
5) Spoon over a bed of rice and serve immediately.
Calories 426 Calories from Fat 201
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g34.2%
Saturated Fat 5.9 g29.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 89.6 mg29.9%
Sodium 965.4 mg40.2%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.3%
Dietary Fiber 5.7 g22.6%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 35 g70.5%
Vitamin A 25.2% Vitamin C 32.1%
Calcium 8.3% Iron 14.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet