Lime Chicken Skewers with Mango Salsa
|Boneless chicken breasts||18 Ounce, skinned (About 125 Gram Each)|
|Lime marmalade||3 Tablespoon|
|White wine vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Lime rind||1⁄2 Teaspoon, finely grated|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Red onion||1 Small|
|Fresh coriander||1 Tablespoon, chopped (Cilantro)|
1. Slice the chicken breasts into thin pieces and thread on to 8 skewers so that the meat forms an S-shape down each skewer.
2. Preheat the grill (broiler) to medium. Arrange the chicken kebabs (kabobs) on the grill (broiler) rack. Mix together the marmalade, vinegar, lime rind and juice. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Brush the dressing over the chicken and grill (broil) for 5 minutes. Turn the chicken over, brush with the dressing again and grill (broil) for a further 4-5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
3. Meanwhile, prepare the salsa. Peel the mango and slice the flesh off the smooth, central stone. Dice the flesh into small pieces and place in a small bowl.
4. Peel and finely chop the onion and mix into the mango, together with the lime juice and chopped coriander (cilantro). Season with salt and pepper to taste, cover and chill until required.
5. Serve the chicken kebabs (kabobs) with the salsa, accompanied with wedges of lime and boiled white rice sprinkled with chilli powder.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 880 Calories from Fat 65
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 7 g11.1%
Saturated Fat 1.9 g9.4%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 296 mg98.7%
Sodium 766.6 mg31.9%
Total Carbohydrates 83 g27.8%
Dietary Fiber 7 g27.8%
Sugars 71.8 g
Protein 120 g240.5%
Vitamin A 66% Vitamin C 166.8%
Calcium 12.5% Iron 24.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet