New Mexican Refried Beans
|Bacon||3 (Thick Cut, Homestyle)|
|Scallions||1⁄2 Bunch (50 gm) (Or 1 Medium)|
|Minced garlic||2 Tablespoon|
|Pinto beans||2 Cup (32 tbs) (With Liquid)|
|Freshly ground pepper||To Taste|
|Grated monterey jack cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Grated monterey cheddar cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
1) Cube bacon into 1/2-inch squares.
2) Chop scallions to measure 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons.
3) Line serving plates with paper towels.
4) In large heavy skillet cook bacon over medium heat stirring for 5 minutes. Shift bacon to plate.
5) To the skillet, mix 1/4 cup scallions and garlic and saute over medium heat until till golden.
6) Mix beans and liquid and stir. With potato masher or back of spoon mash beans till liquid is absorbed. 7) Stir in bacon, salt and pepper.
8) Put beans to medium-size serving bowl and sprinkle grated cheese and remaining scallions on top.