Mexican Corn Bread
|Yellow cornmeal||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Sour cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Creamed corn||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Shredded sharp cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned chopped mild green chilies||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1⁄2 , seeded and chopped|
1) Preheat oven hot to 400 degrees.
2) Lightly grease baking dish with butter.
3) In a medium-size bowl mix together dry ingredients.
4) Take another medium-size bowl and beat in egg. Stir oil, sour cream, creamed corn and shredded cheese.
5) Blend corn mixture and cornmeal mixture. Mix chilies and jalapeno.
6) Transfer to greased baking dish and bake 25 minutes till golden brown.
7) Take off bread from oven.
8) Cut into squares and serve warm.