|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft cheese||3⁄4 Pound (Preferably Monterey Jack)|
|Jalapeno peppers||8 , sliced|
1. Slash the tortilla into eights and deep fry it until it turns crispy and golden. Use vegetable oil for frying.
2. Drain it by spreading on paper towels.
3. Slice the cheese into thin wedges. These wedges should look slightly smaller than the tortilla pieces.
4. Arrange the cheese wedge over the tortilla and top it with small sliver of jalapeno pepper.
5. Spread the tortilla in baking sheet and set it under a preheated broiler and cook until the cheese turns bubbly.
6. Serve immediately by arranging the nachos in piles.