|Vegetable oil||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Soft cheese||3⁄4 Pound (Preferably Monterey Jack)|
|Jalapeno peppers||8 , sliced|
1. Slash the tortilla into eights and deep fry it until it turns crispy and golden. Use vegetable oil for frying.
2. Drain it by spreading on paper towels.
3. Slice the cheese into thin wedges. These wedges should look slightly smaller than the tortilla pieces.
4. Arrange the cheese wedge over the tortilla and top it with small sliver of jalapeno pepper.
5. Spread the tortilla in baking sheet and set it under a preheated broiler and cook until the cheese turns bubbly.
6. Serve immediately by arranging the nachos in piles.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2458 Calories from Fat 1734
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 195 g300%
Saturated Fat 69.4 g346.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 156.5 mg52.2%
Sodium 2404.5 mg100.2%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.3%
Dietary Fiber 17.5 g70.1%
Sugars 14.1 g
Protein 82 g165%
Vitamin A 88.2% Vitamin C 82.7%
Calcium 63.1% Iron 60.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet