Spinach Quesadillas with Avocado Salsa
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), divided|
|Pickled jalapeno peppers||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Spinach||1 Bunch (100 gm), washed, tough stems removed, patted dry|
|Asiago cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely grated|
|Shredded monterey jack cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Flour tortillas||4 Large|
|Avocado salsa||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Avocado||1 Medium, peeled, seeded and cut into 1/2-inch cubes|
|Onion||1 Tablespoon, minced|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped|
|Seasoned rice vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
1. To prepare the salsa, in a mixing bowl, combing all the ingredients for the salsa and mix well. Place the bowl in the refrigerator or leave outside for 1 hour to allow all the flavors to blend together.
2. In a small bowl, blend together the butter and half the minced garlic; keep aside.
3. In the bowl of a food processor, process remaining garlic and jalapenos until well combined.
4. Add the washed and stemmed spinach to the processor bowl and blend until finely chopped.
5. Add both cheeses and process to a smooth paste.
6. Spread the prepared garlic butter on 1 side of each tortilla.
7. On the unbuttered sides of 2 tortillas, spread the spinach mixture.
8. Place the remaining 2 tortillas on top to sandwich the spinach mixture in the middle.
9. Heat a heavy bottomed skillet or frying pan over medium flame.
10. When hot, place the quesadillas and brown on one side before flipping and browning on the other side until golden brown and crisp.
11. Cut quesadillas into wedges and serve with the salsa.