Mexican Stuffed Peppers
|Crisp bell pepper||5 Medium (Green / Red)|
|Green chili||1 , seeded and chopped (Fresh Ones)|
|Onion||1 Small, finely chopped|
|Water||4 Fluid Ounce (1/2 Cup Or 100 Milliliter)|
|Tomato paste||15 Gram (Or Puree, 1 Tablespoon)|
|Dried oregano||2 1⁄2 Gram (1/2 Teaspoon)|
|Lime juice||2 Fluid Ounce (1/4 Cup Or 50 Milliliter)|
|Fresh green chilies/Canned jalapeno peppers||2|
|Olive oil||15 Milliliter (1 Tablespoon)|
|Onion||1 Large, thinly sliced|
|Cream cheese||8 Ounce (1 Cup Or 225 Grams)|
|Pomegranate seeds||60 Gram (4 Tablespoon)|
1) It is suggested to keep the peppers ready a day before you begin the recipe.
2) Singe four peppers over gas flame or broil to cook evenly till the skin wears off.
3) Cover the peppers in a dish towel and keep them aside to cool. Run them under water to rub off the skin.
4) Slit the peppers on one side and remove the seeds.
5) Heat oil in a pan. Fry the chillies and onion till soft. Add water, tomato puree, oregano, lime juice, seasoning to taste and simmer for 5 minutes.
6) Add the peppers and cook for 10 minutes till tender.
7) Pour out the pepper onto a serving dish.
8) The remaining marinade needs to be boiled till water evaporates. It should be only few tablespoons in quantity. Pour the mixture on the peppers and leave it in the refrigerator overnight.
9) For the filling, burn, deseed and chop the remaining peppers.
10) Deseed and slice the chillies lengthwise finely.
11) In a pan, heat oil and sauté onion, chillies and pepper till 10 minutes. Cool the mixture.
12) Add cream cheese to the mixture along with two-thirds of the pomegranate seeds and seasoning.
13) Stuff the mixture into the peppers and chill.
14) Serve Mexican Stuffed Peppers chilled with remaining pomegranate seeds sprinkled on the top.