Homemade Corn Bread
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Corn meal||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Buttermilk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), shaken|
|Honey||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Baking soda||1 Tablespoon|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Jalapeno||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celano pepper||1 Medium, chopped|
|Bacon grease||1 Tablespoon (This is from cooking 2 bacon strips. The quantity is as required.)|
1. Grill corn on a griller for 10 minutes or until it is completely charred. Keep turning sides. Keep turning it so that they are nicely cooked.
2. Preheat oven to 450 degrees C.
3. Remove corn kernels from the cob.
4. Heat a pan and add olive oil.
5. Add corn kernels, chopped jalapeno and celano peppers. Sauté it for a few minutes.
6. In a hot cast skillet, put one stick of butter and ¼ cup of vegetable oil. Mix well and heat it in an oven at 450 degrees C for 5 minutes.
7. In a large mixing bowl, first mix the dry ingredients. Combine cornmeal, flour, baking soda, salt and sugar and make sure that they are evenly mixed. Once done, make a well in the middle.
8. Take out the skillet from the oven once 5 minutes is over.
9. In another bowl, mix wet ingredients. Combine buttermilk, honey, break 2 eggs into it and bacon grease.
10. Using a towel, hold the heated skillet and pour the mixture into the wet ingredients. Whisk it well.
11. Add the corn mixture to this wet mixture. Whisk it well.
12. Add dry ingredients to it and mix it well.
13. Heat a skillet. Add vegetable oil to it.
14. Pour the batter into it. Cook it for 15-25 minutes at 420 degrees until it is golden brown.
15. Serve Homemade Cornbread with your choice dish or enjoy it as it is with wine.
Calories 928 Calories from Fat 316
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 36 g55.1%
Saturated Fat 13.1 g65.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 104.9 mg35%
Sodium 1728.7 mg72%
Total Carbohydrates 140 g46.6%
Dietary Fiber 10.2 g40.9%
Sugars 29.9 g
Protein 17 g34.3%
Vitamin A 16.5% Vitamin C 15.4%
Calcium 2.3% Iron 25.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet