Wheat Flour Tortillas
|Hot water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Rolled oats||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Walnuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Salt||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Unbleached flour||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Whole wheat flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
1. Use the blender to blend rolled oats, wallnuts, salt and water. Blend this for quite a while so that the wallnuts get completely ground up.
2. Now use the kneader part of the machine to mix both the flours. Then pour the oats mixture into the flour to knead into soft dough. You can leave this dough for 20-30 minutes, to make the tortillas much better. The kneading job can be done by hand also.
3. Take some amount of dough to make a ball. Bigger the ball size, bigger will be the tortilla. Roll this ball to thin tortilla with the help of a rolling pin on a floured board. Try to make the tortilla as much thin as you can.
4. Put the tortilla over hot griddle and wait till the little bubbles start growing up on the surface. Turn the tortilla to get the other side done. You may have to flip the tortilla for several times, until it turns lightly brown on both the sides. You may also use a clean rag to press the tortilla to develop the steam inside.
5. When done, wrap the tortillas with a clean kitchen towel.