Cumberland Hot Dogs With Charred Tomato Salsa
|Sausages||4 (Cumberland Style)|
|Tomatoes||4 , halved|
|Red chili||1 , finely chopped|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), finely chopped|
|Chopped basil||2 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Pinch|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Red wine vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soured|
|Hot dog rolls||5 Cup (80 tbs), soured|
|Soured cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), soured|
1. Heat a barbecue or electric grill.
2. Arrange the sausages on the grill and cook them for 10-15 minutes, flipping them occasionally, until cooked and nicely browned.
3. At the same time, arrange the tomatoes, cut-side up and grill for 3-4 minutes until skin is charred
4. Transfer tomatoes to a bowl
5. To make the salsa, combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl.
6. Use a fork to lightly mash the tomatoes and blend all the flavors
7. Spoon salsa into the hot dog rolls
8. Layer with salad leaves and a sausage
9. Top with a dollop of soured cream.
You can also grill the sausages on a hot griddle pan until charred.