Mexican Stuffed Zucchini
|Zucchini||2 Pound (Four Medium)|
|Bacon slices||2 , cut up|
|Chopped mushrooms||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Canned chopped green chiles||4 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), crushed|
|Canned whole kernel corn||8 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Sliced black olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Cooked rice||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F before baking.
2. Chop and discard stems of washed zucchini and halve them lengthwise. Scoop out and deseed and keep aside.
3. Take a medium skillet with a tight, add 2 cups water and 1 tbsp salt and bring to boil. Place zucchini with cut face down. Cover and cook for 5 minutes on medium heat or till zucchini turns tender. Drain thoroughly.
4. Sauté bacon in a medium skillet to crispy. Drain the bacon and discard the fat.
5. Mix in green pepper, mushrooms, garlic, onions and chilies and sauté for 5 minutes till onions turn tender. Take off from heat, mix in tomato sauce, corn, ½ tsp salt, rice, olives, egg and pepper thoroughly with the mixture.
6. Fill rice mixture evenly on to zucchini halves, top with cheese, place in the roasting pan bottom and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or till well heated.
7. Serve hot.