Mexican Minced Meat Dish
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground beef||1⁄2 Pound|
|Ground pork||1⁄2 Pound|
|Chopped onion||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced green pepper||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped hot chiles||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Chopped garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Raisins||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Pine nuts||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
1) Arrange all the required ingredients.
2) In a baking dish, pour 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil and heat for about 30 seconds.
3) From the oven, remove the baking dish and saute ground beef and pork.
4) To the beef and pork, add the remaining oil, onion, green pepper, hot chilli pepper and garlic.
5) Cook for 3 minutes, stirring every 1 minute.
6) Add stewed tomatoes, pine nuts, raisins, salt, chilli powder and pepper.
7) Cover and cook for 9 minutes and 30 seconds, stirring every 3 minutes.
8) Let the dish stand for 8 minutes before serving.