Mexican Wedding Cakes
|Butter/Margarine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Almond flavor||1 Teaspoon|
|Sifted flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Finely chopped brazil nuts||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||2 Drop|
|Green food color||2 Drop|
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a bowl blend butter and sugar to make it creamy.
3. Add flavoring and mix.
4. Put flour, salt and nuts in the mixture and stir well.
5. Divide the dough in two parts.
6. Add red food coloring to one and green in other.
7. Refrigerate for few hours.
8. Once done, make balls of one inch.
9. Put the balls on baking sheets.
10. Take a glass, put moist cheesecloth on its bottom and use it to level the cookies to ¼ inch thickness.
11. Bake for 12- 15 minutes until the cookies turn brown.
12. Serve with tea/ coffee.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3894 Calories from Fat 2369
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 274 g421.4%
Saturated Fat 136.2 g681%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 483.8 mg161.3%
Sodium 1004.3 mg41.8%
Total Carbohydrates 322 g107.4%
Dietary Fiber 18.4 g73.7%
Sugars 71.2 g
Protein 53 g106.5%
Vitamin A 112.5% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 31.5% Iron 98.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet